Our external file server feature enables you to keep adding file storage as your site grows. There are 2 options for storing files externally, in additional to local file storage.
- Direct File Storage:
- Direct upload and download to external file servers.
- Use sub-domains such as fs1.yourdomain.com or a different domain.
- Requires a web server such as Apache and connection to your database from the file server.
- Extremely scalable.
- FTP File Storage:
- Any server with FTP running on it can be used, no matter what the OS is.
- Easy setup, just configure it within the file sharing script script admin area. No files needed on the file server itself.
- Set an unlimited amount of file servers.
- Configure the file upload script to use a specific server or the one with the least used space.
- Monitor how many files and storage space used within the YetiShare admin area.
- Option to set maximum storage limit for file servers.
- Option to use a file server until it's full, then use the next. File server priority must be set and 'until full' chosen for the 'server selection method'.
- Amazon S3 can now be used as a file store using the s3 filestore plugin.
You can see the external file servers feature by going to the file servers section of our admin panel. Please note you will need to login with the details shown below:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
> More Features